How to Get Involved
Contestants must be:
Contestants are advised to be:
- Citizens and / or residents of the United States or USA-associated territories, of Canada, of the United Kingdom, or of the Republic of Ireland
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 (on the final date of the contest, Oct. 1, 2013)
- Able to commit to abiding by all contest guidelines, rules, and regulations and to completing the book within the time frame laid out
- Able to offer convincing evidence that they can guarantee the authenticity of the story through their reporting
- Experienced and / or well-trained in the field
A compelling story of God’s intervention / transformation in a life or a community, with all facts properly verified and sources cited. 75,000 to 100,000 words in lengthStages:
- Stage 1: Contestants submit 1,500-word article, as might appear as a complete work in a newspaper or magazine. See Article Submissions.
- An undetermined number of finalists are chosen from this pool of contestants by a panel of judges
- Stage 2: Finalists submit a 2,000 - 4,000-word proposal, outlining their vision for their nonfiction work, and presenting convincing evidence as to why their story will be compelling, and how they will achieve the writing of it
- Grand Prize winner receives $20,000. Half of this amount is awarded upon announcement of Grand Prize winner and half upon completion of book: October 1, 2014.
- Potential for publication and distribution of Grand Prize winner's completed book. See Rules & Regulations.
- Three Runner-Up winners receive prizes of $1500 each. Full amount awarded upon announcement of winners.
- Potential for publication and distribution of Runner-Up winners' books. See Rules & Regulations.
Winner finishes book.